Job Title: Help Desk Support Specialist
Department: Technical Services Department
Reports to: Director of Technical Services
Total is seeking a Help Desk Support Specialist to provide technical assistance and support for computer systems, hardware or software issues utilizing one of a number of in-house remote support tools. This individual will work alongside, and get support from, seasoned IT veterans that have continuously enhanced Total’s Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) posture in the industry by implementing leading-edge technologies in cybersecurity, business continuity and disaster recovery, and cloud offerings. The ideal candidate must be motivated to learn how to use Total’s cybersecurity and other managed services tools.
This position is available as an:
- Internship (for students pursuing their Bachelor’s degree) that can lead to a full-time position; Flexible Hours can be accommodated; OR,
- Entry-Level position (for students who received their Bachelor’s degree).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide remote technical assistance and support for incoming concerns or issues related to systems, software or hardware
- Directly answer inbound calls to the help desk support queue
- Complete assigned support requests daily
- Respond to customer queries by phone or email
- Review, qualify and remediate automated service tickets generated by Remote Monitoring software
- Enter help desk documentation with clear and concise verbiage detailing steps taken during each support call
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous MSP or help desk experience helpful but not required
- Professional IT Certifications such as: A+, Server+, Network +, MCP, not required but a plus.
- Interpersonal skills: such as teamwork, responsibility, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technology trend awareness: being mindful of the technology that is becoming popular and is readily accepted in the industry
- Service awareness of all key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Complete self-paced computer-based training as it pertains to related duties and responsibilities
- Part-time candidates: studies focused on Cyber Security, IT Technology or Business Management
- Full-time candidates: Bachelor’s Degree
About Total Technology Solutions
Total Technology Solutions (Total) is a full-service IT solutions provider distinguished by broad expertise and a singular focus on the needs of our clients. Our mission is to secure and support IT infrastructure with reliable solutions and exceptional service so that clients can focus on their core businesses. Our solutions originate with our most important asset, our exceptionally talented team of engineers and technicians and include:
- Managed Services
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Cloud Offerings
- Professional IT Services